Skip navigation
nearlynormalnora
Currently Being Moderated

how to export from excel into a PDF form

Dec 19, 2013 6:13 AM

I have an excel spreadsheet with 130 rows of information. I need to create 130 PDF forms (1 form for each row in the spreadsheet). Is there a way to export from excel into a PDF form? I am currently using the Forms Center in Acrobat Pro. If not, can I export from any tool (Access, a SharePoint list, etc) into a PDF form?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2013 8:06 AM   in reply to nearlynormalnora

This might help:

ImportData.png

Note PC version the look will be different the basic layout should be similar.

Note: the column or row headers in the Excel file and the Field names in The PDF has to be indentical.

Example  Last, First, MI, Address, Address2, City, State, Zip, Phone, Fax, Cell, Email, Website; must be same number of fields and same exact, name spelling Or elese the infor mation will not be picked up.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,668 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2013 9:06 AM   in reply to nearlynormalnora

There is no automatic mail merge type of feature that will generate a PDF for each record in a spreadsheet. The method Phillip mentioned will allow you to manually import a single row of data, but you'll have to export to a tab-delimited text file. As mentioned, the first row must be the field names and the subsequent rows the corresponding records.

It's possible to use JavaScript to read in the text file data and produce one PDF for each record, but it involves a good deal of JavaScript programming in Acrobat, an external program, or custom Acrobat plug-in.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points