Skip navigation
carrienich
Currently Being Moderated

"Error 6"

Dec 19, 2013 8:08 AM

Tags: #illustrator #photoshop #indesign #installing #opening

My boss downloaded Creative Suite online and would like to make my computer the second one who can use it.  She put Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Illustator, InDesign, Photoshop and so forth on a USB to put on my computer.  After downloading them these are my issues:

1.  Illustrator - "Error 6"

2.  In Design - Missing File

3.  Photoshop - "Error 6"

4.  Adobe Bridge - Quit Unexpectedly

and the list goes on.  Is all of this due to downloading it from a USB?  What are your suggestions.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2013 8:39 AM   in reply to carrienich

carrienich wrote:

What are your suggestions.

First suggestion, ask in the proper forum at http://forums.adobe.com/community/creativesuites or possibly http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud

Second suggestion, your boss would be in violation of the user agreement. Although the license DOES allow installation on two computers (one workstation, one portable), it does not allow it to be used by two different people. Proper usage would include installing it on your main work computer and then installing it on a laptop for your own use for say, travel.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 10:53 AM   in reply to carrienich

As suggested, you'll want to go to one of the forums I supplied the link to. Most here aren't as experienced with creative suite (this forum is for Adobe Reader only).

If I had to guess, I would say you may have to download and install from the website instead of a USB for the second computer but again, you'll want to go ask the pros in the other forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 11:23 AM   in reply to ~graffiti

Moving to Creative Suites forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 3:46 AM   in reply to carrienich

You cannot move the installed files/programs from one computer to another.

You need to have the installer/setup in order to install and use the softwares.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points