Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why does ID not let me delete  pages

Dec 19, 2013 9:13 AM

Tags: #design #error #script #in #pages #delete #id #cc

Hello all,

I've created a graphics heavy 60 page document.  When I'd just about finished, it won't let me delete pages.

From the research I have done so far, I think i've narrowed down the problem to that 'single point' error, that others have been having.  This is when a single point appears somewhere in the document and you can't do several operations until you find the sucker and delete it. 

Some people have written scripts for these (i've tried one, to no avail).  and others have just posted code, which I have no idea of how to put that into a script for ID. 

Please can someone help, this is a very important document, and needs to be finished ASAP!

Thanks guys,

Tom

ID version CC

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2013 9:33 AM   in reply to Tom Greenfield

I'm not familar with the "single point" error you are describing as a cause for the inability to delete pages, though I've seen a couple of cases of a single point object causing odd behaviors during export. I don't know what sort of scripts or cod you've got, but I managed to get rid of these stray objects by doing a Select All on each page and looking very carefully for single point objects (I was never able to select one of them using the mouse, even when drawing a marquee around them).

By shift-clicking on all the objects you want to keep you can remove them from the selection, then delete the offender.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 9:52 AM   in reply to Tom Greenfield

You get an object too small error while trying to delete pages? I've never heard of that. I've seen it while trying to scale groups, though, and often dragging slower cures it. Of copuirse it's also possible that you are trying to reduce the size of something so that it really is too small.

What's the history of this file? Did you start from scratch in CC?

Have you tried an export to .idml?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to Tom Greenfield

I don't think that has anything to do with it. You're trying to delete pages, right? All of the things you are descrbing should have nothig to do with whether you can add or remove pages.

Again, have you tried .idml? see Remove minor corruption by exporting

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points