Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CC Update (7.2.1)

Dec 19, 2013 11:17 AM

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/12/premiere-pro-cc-update-7-2- 1.html

Premiere Pro CC Update (7.2.1)

Today we have released an update to the December 2013 Premiere Pro CC release, with several important bug fixes. This update is recommended for all users. You can install the update through the Creative Cloud desktop application, or you can check for new updates from within any Adobe application by choosing Help > Updates. Ideally, you should install the updates automatically through the Creative Cloud desktop application or by choosing Help > Updates, but you can also directly download the update packages from the download page for Windows or Mac OS. Note that if updates aren’t visible in the Creative Cloud app, quitting and relaunching may help.

A list of issues fixed with this release appears below.

- Intermittent Buzzing could occur on audio playback where audio transitions were present

- Reveal in project sometimes did not work in imported sequence when clips were present in the project

- Premiere Pro could occasionally crash on playback of certain multi cam assets

- Using matte cleanup tools in Ultra keyer could sometimes cause the top half of the image to disappear when paused in Open CL mode

- Autosave could sometimes interrupt playback.

- The AMD Radeon R9 290 Series has been added to the OpenCL supported card list

- Inserting a merged clip with in/out points via menu or command would insert the entire merged clip, not the in/out range

- Playing with preroll could sometime crash Premiere Pro

- When editing in Anywhere mode, adding synthetics would sometimes show a 10 digit number under the progress panel’s Name column

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2013 11:26 AM   in reply to petergaraway

Sweet, thanks guys.

Is this update cumulative from 7.0.0? Or just 7.2.0?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 11:37 AM   in reply to petergaraway

I was just about to report the buzzing because it was adversly affecting my sanity.   Thank you for being on top of things!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 12:13 PM   in reply to petergaraway

Cool you guys got onto this promptly...now...who will go first. 

(not me...not me..)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to shooternz

Updating now...will report back shortly.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 4:40 PM   in reply to petergaraway

It seems Adobe fixed the audio bug, but still there's sluggish performance with ATI card on MacbookPro (basically when playhead goes on a clip with Lumetri applied, the system is so sluggish that it seems to stop working if in OpenCL mode). When will it be fixed? In the 7.0.1 Mercury engine worked well with ATI.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 5:06 PM   in reply to petergaraway

Just came on here to post about the buzzing transitions, glad to see it's been fixed already!

Another thing though I don't see mentioned, since moving to 7.2 I find audio playblack is out of sync while editing, and in some clips significantly more noticeably than others. This only happens during playback, if I pause and scrub manually, the audio is perfectly in sync. This actually messed up a  project for a client. I thought the audio off the camera was  out of sync in one segment so I bumped it a few frames before exporting. Didn't check it after of course and sent him the file, then got a reply back that it was out of sync in that spot. Check the exported video and sure enough, he was right. Check it again in project but it looks in sync. So I bump the audio back in the timeline so that it LOOKS out of sync again during playback, but the new exported video is perfectly in sync!

Editing a TV show now with hundreds of clips and it's maddening with some looking fine, some looking a little off, and some looking completely off and having to manually scrub to check and be sure along the way.

Hopefully this is also fixed in this update..will see tomorrow.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 5:53 PM   in reply to petergaraway

Update installed. Haven't done much with it yet but checked a current job in which the audio bug was occurring yesterday. All looks good. The sync slip that Red Planet mentions is something that I too experienced but it was resolved with a restart of PPro. Hopefully this is not an ongoing problem. As well as being out of sync, the audio dropped in pitch as was actually playing back slowly. Very odd.

Anyway, good work Adobe on getting this patch out within a week but really, the audio bug should have been addressed prior to 7.2 release.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 6:21 PM   in reply to CraigTonkin

the audio bug should have been addressed prior to 7.2 release.

Did not exist prior 7.2 release.

eg. Was not in the 7.1 release.

Release is a noun and a verb.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 6:36 PM   in reply to shooternz

So far so good.  The audio issue is resolved, and no new issues have showed up yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 6:42 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Cool. Thanx.

Report back in a couple of days.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 6:43 PM   in reply to shooternz

Tomorrow's my last work day of the year.  I doubt anything new will show up by then.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 6:55 PM   in reply to GarbageMatte

GarbageMatte wrote:

It seems Adobe fixed the audio bug, but still there's sluggish performance with ATI card on MacbookPro (basically when playhead goes on a clip with Lumetri applied, the system is so sluggish that it seems to stop working if in OpenCL mode). When will it be fixed? In the 7.0.1 Mercury engine worked well with ATI.

7.0.1 worked well with the ATI Radeon HD 6770M GPU...

The rollback to 7.0 and subsequent updates to 7.1 are out there, i'm still looking for the rollback to Adobe Encoder as it doesn't seem to be on the trial file... although i may not be totally correct on that (may not be installing since i still have Encoder 7.2...

I hope Adobe has taken note of this issue with us MacBook Pro users who are now editing on "sofware only mode" with our Processor fans spooled up to the max... fingers crossed... PPro is an awesome program.

I even considered ...... (the F word---) Final Cut Pro X, but I'd rather chug away on software mode only for now... lol

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 8:03 PM   in reply to GarbageMatte

Still sluggish here too, with 7.2.1. Macbook Pro late 2011, 17", 2.5GHZ i7, AMD 6770m 1GBvram, 16GB mem, OSX10.8.5. Both playback, and Export from PP or Encoder, using OpenCL.

Source: H264, Nikon D800 files, outputing to Youtube 1080p preset. Not much effects, nor layers, no Lumetri.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 3:38 AM   in reply to petergaraway

I've just run the updates to get this. A project I have been working on all week now will barely playback, it displays most of the clips as being out of sync (a/v) and thinks it needs to re render a whole bunch of clips even though I've been running it all naitively with no issues. I've done all the usual restarts etc.

What has happened in this update to mess up a previous project so much? I actually now can't work. Any thoughts???

System;

27" iMac 3.4GHz i7, 16GB RAM, AMD HD 6970M 2048MB, OSX 10.8.4

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 12:01 PM   in reply to SMWhitehead

So the update seemed to have fixed the buzzing thankfully, but still having the audio sync issues, though not as noticeable as before. I tried disabling GPU acceleration (Open CL in this case) to see if it helped but really hard to tell.

Sounds like there are issues since the 7.2 update with ATI cards. My specs:

Mac Pro 8 core 2.8 GHz

16 GB RAM

Radeon HD 5770

OSX 10.9

Older stystem with an unofficially supported card, I know, but prior to 7.2 there were zero issues with playback and syncing.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 12:06 PM   in reply to petergaraway

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure this update just introduced the buzzing on my machine. It was fine when everyone else was having issues with it. Just my luck.

10.8.5-nvidia 660Ti-PPro7.2.1

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 12:16 PM   in reply to tstormSierra

tstormSierra wrote:

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure this update just introduced the buzzing on my machine. It was fine when everyone else was having issues with it. Just my luck.

10.8.5-nvidia 660Ti-PPro7.2.1

Hi tstormSierra,

I'm sorry to hear that the audio transition bug has is now affecting you. Can you please file a bug report? http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

Thanks,
    Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 12:20 PM   in reply to petergaraway

I had a major issue with multi-cam editing after installing patch 7.2.0 and this patch didn't fix the problem.  Can't say for sure if it was a fluke, but I was only able to fix the problem by reverting back to 7.0.1. 

I outlined my progress in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5947977

I don't want to chance having to reinstall Premiere Pro CC again in the middle of this project, so after I finish it I'll reinstall this update and let you know if the issue returns.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 1:40 PM   in reply to S Kendall

Scratch my earlier post. I can confirm for sure that the audio sync problem is directly related to issues with CPU acceleration now on my system.

Timed some sound effects to titles popping up and with acceleration enabled it's completely out of sync. Turn off acceleration and reload the project, works totally fine. Submitting a bug report now...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2013 4:49 AM   in reply to petergaraway

What is the most efficient way to revert back to a previous version?

Plenty of people seem to be having issues with this update and it would probably be helpful to have the option to revert

[BTW My issues are further up the thread]

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2013 10:07 AM   in reply to SMWhitehead

SMWhitehead, follow the instructions in this thread to revert to a previous update:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5827476

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2014 4:01 PM   in reply to petergaraway

The Buzzing was fixed inside the timeline but when I export to either Vimeo or MPEG2-DVD (Yes some of us still using DVDs for clients) I can still hear it. This issue is not costant.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2014 5:32 AM   in reply to S Kendall

Thanks S Kendall I'm now back up and running on the old version!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2014 7:54 AM   in reply to CraigTonkin

Mac or Windows?  ATI or NVIDIA?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2014 8:19 PM   in reply to cscooper2013

Update

I finished the project I was working on and went ahead and updated Premiere to version 7.2.1 again and the problem I was having with multi-angle editing (which I posted about here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5947977) has returned.  So there is obviously a bug past version 7.0.1.  Guess I'm going to have to revert again and wait until this bug is fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2014 10:03 PM   in reply to S Kendall

I'm not sure it's a bug.  I haven't seen it show up in any of my own multicam sequences running 7.2.1.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2014 1:46 PM   in reply to S Kendall

So there is obviously a bug past version 7.0.1.

Kendall, does this mean that you've tested, and experienced the same errors in:

...and they're all bad?  If 7.2.1 is bad, why not revert to 7.2 before going back 3 versions?  Just seeking clarification.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2014 9:30 AM   in reply to cscooper2013

Jim Simon wrote:

I'm not sure it's a bug.  I haven't seen it show up in any of my own multicam sequences running 7.2.1.

That's really weird.  It's happening in all of my multi-cam projects.  Doesn't seem to matter what hard drive they're on, if it's a new project, old project, etc.  I unfortunately only have one editing machine so I can't test it on another.  Maybe I've run into some other oddity causing the issue (such as a conflict with a driver).  But I can say for sure that it goes away if I go back to version 7.0.1.

Hey cscooper,

I should clarify.  What I meant was the problem occurs at some point past 7.0.1.  I'm not sure at this point which update causes it.  I'll go back to 7.0.1 and apply each update incremntally to find out.  Since I'm kind of posting the same thing in two different threads, I'll just add future updates back at my original thread for this issue http://forums.adobe.com/message/5947977.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points