Skip navigation
jguadagni
Currently Being Moderated

Audio not in sync after encoding to H.264 Blu ray

Dec 19, 2013 12:04 PM

Tags: #audio #h.264 #encoding #sync #encore_cs6 #premiere_cc

I have recently been trying to author my first blu-ray and keep running into new problems everytime I think I find a new solution. My new problem is that when I encode my sequence from Ppro CC to H.264 Blu-ray and place the video file and audio file into Encore CS6 the audio seems to be falling out of sync. I tried placing both files into a new PPro sequence and checked the playback and they are also out of sync there. 

Things I've tried:

1) I went back and just encoded the audio from the sequence but this time I switched the audio coding to DD 320 bitrate instead of PCM. When I placed this file into the PPro sequence the playback was perfect. However, when I try placing the same two files (video and audio) into Encore they are out of sync.

2) I decided to take the encoded video file and place it back into the original PPro sequence and use it to replace the original video track. The playback again fell out of sync. Since this sequence had the original pre-encoded audio track, I came to the conclusion that it is actually the video that is not keeping up with the audio once encoded.

I am trying to encode to 1920x1080 HD 23.967 fps H.264 Blu Ray. I know I can just encoded to .avi match source and then let Encore do the transcoding, but figuring out this problem is a learning experience for me. Does PCM or Dolby Digital make a difference? What is the best way to do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2013 2:20 PM   in reply to jguadagni

It sounds like things went wonky the first time around.  Try exporing the whole thing again.

PCM is higher quality.  Blu-rays have a lot of room compared to DVD, so I feel it's often the better choice.  I'd recommend using DD only when you have to.  But considering that I've put 3 hours of HD onto disk and still only filled 17GB, I think it's the very rare occasion when you'll run out of room and have to use DD on Blu-ray.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 6:54 PM   in reply to jguadagni

I've had no issues going out of CC and into Encore CS6.  I've not seen a flurry of reports on this either.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 8:28 AM   in reply to jguadagni

Separate files is best for authoring.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers