Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore build error.  Please help!

Dec 19, 2013 3:06 PM

Hello,

I am having an error when Adobe Encore CS6 tries to build the Blu Ray project I am working on.  I am using Windows 8 x64.  My Blu Ray project has three video titles and some motion menus.

The error I am having is:  "Blu-ray Error: "file already exists", Code: "6", Note: "Video buffer underflows.  Total bitrate is too high near time = 1.456333 seconds -"

I have had this error before but I cannot remember how I solved it.  I don't think the bitrate of any of my movie titles are too high.  All the video titles were encoded in Premiere with either 2 pass VBR or CBR.  The bitrates are in the 20s.

I even swapped out the original video titles for lower bitrate CBR encodes.  I deleted the audio tracks from the titles and tried that as well.  But I keep getting the same error message.

It could be one of the motion menus.  But the transcode settings for Encore have the maximum bitrate set at 20 Mbps MPEG-2. 

I just have no idea what is going on here.  I need to get this project done as it is a Christmas gift.  Could someone please help me get rid of this error message so I can complete the build of this project?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2013 4:16 PM   in reply to jrodefeld7

The fixes reported have generally reducing bitrate. But as you point out, which one.

What program/version did you use to create the files?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2013 5:39 PM   in reply to jrodefeld7

Go to http://forums.adobe.com/community/encore?view=discussions and, in the area just under Ask a Question, type in

code 6

You may now read all the previous discussions on this subject... be sure to click the See More Results at the bottom of the initial, short list if the initial list does not answer your question

>had this error before but I cannot remember how I solved it

When you solve the problem this time, make a note for future reference

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 7:06 AM   in reply to John T Smith

This post doesn't say if the issue was resolved yet. I've not had this exact error but on occassion when a Blu-ray burn doesn't work or even when it has worked but Encore closes prematurely, I sometimes have to delete the folder called: AuthorScriptHDMVSessions. It gets made in the project sub-folder anytime you start a Build Disk and if it gets corrupted it will cause what appear to be nonsense error messages.

Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 7:56 AM   in reply to TVGDave

on occassion when a Blu-ray burn doesn't work or even when it has worked but Encore closes prematurely, I sometimes have to delete the folder called: AuthorScriptHDMVSessions. It gets made in the project sub-folder anytime you start a Build Disk and if it gets corrupted it will cause what appear to be nonsense error messages.

Always good to check. And once upon a time, it was a frequent problem. But as of CS5.5 or CS6, they changed so this folder was automatically deleted.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Thanks Stan,

I just made the move to CC so I could get Encore CS6 and since it won't recognize any of my media or allow me access to a burn speed setting for Blu-ray disks, I haven't yet completed a job in CS6. Guess I should have held my suggestion until I had the experience required with the version in question. My bad.

Glad to hear they fixed that! Wish I knew why (or rather how) they messed up the burn engine so I could finish this job. I'm waiting for tech support and have another thread going for that issue.

Cheers,

dave

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 9:36 AM   in reply to TVGDave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status