Skip navigation
TVGDave
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS6 won't recognize Disk media

Dec 20, 2013 6:36 AM

Tags: #blu-ray #encore #building

I just bought CC so I could get access to Encore CS6 and burn Blu-ray and DVD. Specifically I want to be able to encode 2 Pass VBR Blu-ray and have it work in Encore with no work around.

That works fine. But I can't burn a disk.

Windows 8.1 Pro

Brand New System Core i7 4770K GTX 760 16 GB RAM

Pioneer BDR-208

Also went back and tried a working BDR 206 from another system.

The BDR writes fine direct from Windows.

Already un-installed and downloaded and re-installed CS6.

Project authors great.

Choose Build Disk - Write speed is not available.

Tell it go ahead anyway.

Says to put Blu-ray Media into drive and hit okay.

Media used include Verbatim BD-RE that works fine in the system sitting beside this one with same drive and CS5.

Verbatim BD-R labelled

Falcon Media BD-R Print to Center Inkjet

AND I tried a DVD project with Verbatim DVD-R. DVD shows the write speed selector, but still refuses to acknowledge a disk is in the drive.

Only thing I didn't do was download and install Libraries and Styles. Doing that download now, but since I never use stock items it's a real waste of my time and space.

I need this urgently. This project is the only reason I bought the CC product.

Anyone else know the answer?

Is there a PxEngine update somewhere?

Thanks

Dave

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 20, 2013 7:52 AM   in reply to TVGDave

Many of us can't effectively troubleshoot such problems because we stopped using Encore to burn several versions ago and haven't tried since.

Most of us use ImgBurn.

That workaround did not bother me much because I always liked having a folder/image version for archive anyway. And at best, Encore's burning process is very basic.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to TVGDave

Adding to what Stan said about Imgburn...

Have Encore create an ISO and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write to disc (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583 for notes on installing Imgburn WITHOUT any toolbar add-ons

As well as ISO burning, I use Imgburn for ALL of my file/folder writing to disc

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to TVGDave

Trust Mr. Smith. I use imgburn for all my burning as well. It is not entirely free, in that it asks for a donation. It is a very good product. All my DVDs this year (>600) were made by building an ISO image from Encore, then burning a DVD using imgburn. Not a problem with any disc. The process is faster and unproblematic.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points