Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Uprgrade to Framemaker 11

Dec 20, 2013 7:35 AM

Hi,

Thank you for answering the following questions. 

1. Are the files created in version 6  compatible with Framemaker 11 without any modification ?
  2. Is Framemaker 11 actually available in French ?
  3. Do you have a discount applying to old version owner ?

Have a nice day

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 20, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to thoc

1.       NO – FM6 files will be upgraded & the only way to get them back into FM6 is via MIF

2.       Probably

3.       Nobody here’s going to know that – it’s a user-to-user forum; contact your local reseller or Adobe directly

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 20, 2013 6:09 PM   in reply to thoc
    1. Yes, as asked.

FM6 files open fine in later FMs, as long as you aren't using certain custom extensions (macros, scripts). If porting forward is all you need, I can't think of any considerations. However, as Jeff points out, the internal binary format will be rewritten and once resaved, cannot be re-opened in FM6. You can save as MIF, which can be at least opened in FM6, but  FM8 and later will convert some characters to Unicode (UTF8), and will not convert them back when saving to an old MIF version.
    2. According to Adobe's product page, the Upgrade product is available in French or English.
    3. For FM11, it appears that the discount is limited to users of FM9 or FM10. I'm still on FM7 at home, and as I recall, the upgrade discount slipped out of my reach at FM10.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points