Skip navigation
User_1
Currently Being Moderated

It doesn't react at all

Dec 20, 2013 11:19 AM

Tags: #premiere_elements

My OS is Windows 7 and I had just recently installed Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 as bundle. Both worked very well, until I installed the first update, after which my speakers stopped working. Uninstalling didn't help so I set my OS back to a date prior to the installation, alas without logging off first.

To day I installed both Elements again. I could open Photoshop, log off and log on again, enter my serial number yet again and work with the program. Everything is fine with Photoshop. I tried the same with premiere, it just won't open up although I had entered the serial number during the installation. When I double clicked on the symbol, it opened up, but wouldn't react to opening an new project. Now double clicking on the symbol doesn't even open up. I have no way of logging off and logging on. I just can't get into premiere to do anything at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times without any succes.

Where do I go from here? Does anybody know?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 20, 2013 11:52 AM   in reply to User_1

By updates, do you mean Windows updates or Adobe updates?

The only updates issued by Adobe for Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements are updates to the Camera RAW tool -- which should not have any effect on the program launches.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to User_1

User_1

Could you right click on Computer, select Manage, and then Event Manager.

In the Event Manager, click on Windows Logs and then Applications.

Look for Error entry at the time of that you had the problem. Do you have any Error entries for Premiere Elements?

Also, with regard to the Premiere Elements process, please confirm how far you get in the process...

a. after the installation process has gone to completion, there is a restart.

b. after the restart, you will get to a Sign In dialog that you must fill in with your Adobe ID and Password....are your Adobe ID and Password accepted to let you into the program? What happens next.

An uninstall, ccleaner, reinstall may be in order. SG has already mention the uninstall/reinstall routine. But, before you try that, try deleting the Premiere Elements 12 Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file found in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit in the path

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Make sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you see the complete path.

ccleaner

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

regular and registry cleaner

say Yes when requested to backup up registry when you get to that important section

Please read all details in the link. It is an important tool to getting rid of incomplete installation leftovers.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 2:16 PM   in reply to User_1

User_1

I have been using ccleaner for a long time for regular computer maintenance as well as for registry cleaning at very troubled time. No bad results so far, only benefits. And, I have not run into any horror stories associated with its use.

Let us see if the process of uninstall/ccleaner (regular and registry parts)/reinstall.

Did the entries for ROXIO implicate any specific hard drive file whose path was given?

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2013 4:18 PM   in reply to User_1

User_1

It might be a good idea to get Adobe involved at this point. That does not prohibit you from continuing troubleshooting here as well if needed.

After you click on the following link, click on "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=do wnloading-installing-and-setting-up

What you might want to try is deleting the Premiere Elements settings file...in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, the path is

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

Please let us know the outcome.

I will continue to think about this some more.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points