Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

cannot fade alpha of outlines with shape tween

Dec 20, 2013 3:45 PM

Tags: #flash #lines #tween #professional #shape #outlines #cc

all of a sudden, i cannot shape tween the alpha of any lines i create. fills fade no problem but the outlines will not fade. it is even effecting previously created animations that have lines that previously worked using shape tween to fade. i can alter the shape of the line and that works fine, just cannot fade the alpha over the span of the shape tween

anyone have this issue?

thanks

Mark

Replies
  • kglad
    72,221 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 20, 2013 10:02 PM   in reply to surfpunk1

the borders and fills should be grouped and then tweened or put in different layers to tween independently.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,221 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 21, 2013 7:56 AM   in reply to surfpunk1

convert your border to a symbol and motion tween it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 23, 2013 12:07 AM   in reply to surfpunk1

Hi,

I guess the strokes have always behaved the same way as you describe. Stroke properties like color,opacity,width,style etc. cannot be tweened through shape tweening.

You might want to try converting strokes to fills to get your desired result quickly. (Select All -> Modify Menu -> Shape -> Convert Lines To Fills..)

-Nipun

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 23, 2013 1:11 PM   in reply to surfpunk1

You don't say which version of Flash you are using.

In Flash CS6 and earlier you can use Shape Tween to tween the color and thus the alpha of any shape object on the stage. This includes the outline and the fill color(s) of a shape drawn using the rectangle or oval tools. You could also use Shape tween to tween the color and/or alpha property of a line.

In Flash CC, this was partially fixed along with many other useful and long established methods in Flash. While you can still use a Shape Tween to change the alpha property of a fill color in a shape, the outline of that shape will no longer tween as expected. Shape Tween also fails when trying to tween the color of a line, when drawn using the line of the pencil tool.

This problem is another in the long list of things that have been broken in Flash CC without reason or explanation.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points