Skip navigation
haneadino
Currently Being Moderated

I am searching for the left bracket key on my keyboard

Dec 20, 2013 4:11 PM

I saw this:

http://media.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/shortcuts 3.jpg

But I cannot use it, as I have a danish keyboard. Where the  left bracket key should be is a letter "å"

So how can I find it, when I don't have an english keyboard??

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,844 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Dec 20, 2013 4:34 PM   in reply to haneadino

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 20, 2013 6:32 PM   in reply to haneadino

What version of Photoshop are you using?  While the bracket keys are good short cuts, with later versions of Photoshop, you can pres the alt/opt key and right click to quickly change the size of a brush and the hardness.  It's so much faster and easier than using the bracket keys.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,844 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Dec 20, 2013 6:55 PM   in reply to csuebele

Yes, that's how I do it when using the mouse, or the Express wheel on the tablet if holding the stylus.  ISTR reading that Michael Ninness of Lynda.com, and Adobe Max Power Shortcuts fame, uses the square bracket keys, which really surprised me seeing as he is the shortcut king.  I think the trick is to be flexible, ad use what works best at the time — which is why I do it differently depending on whether I have the mouse or stylus in my hand.

Incidentally, I work with the tablet right in front of me, and not off to one side.  I have a pair of wooden wedges that support the keyboard at a slight angle, and just above the tablet, so I can slide the keyboard back and tablet forward, or vice versa depending on what I am doing.  You see pictures of people using a tablet to the right of the keyboard, and ISTM that the Express keys and wheel would unreachable.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points