Skip navigation
RWW
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 12 crashes when changing mode to Expert

Dec 20, 2013 4:01 PM

Tags: #bug #premiere_elements

I have installed Premiere Elements 12 on a second PC and the editor crashes when attempting to change the mode from basic to expert, even before adding any project clips.

The instal on the first PC works fine.

The at fault PC is running Win 7 Home.

The windows fault report is as followsFiles that help describe the problem:

C:\Users\Maxine\AppData\Local\Temp\WER4079.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

C:\Users\Maxine\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5CB0.tmp.appcompat.txt

C:\Users\Maxine\AppData\Local\Temp\WER62C9.tmp.mdmp.

RWW

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 20, 2013 6:43 PM   in reply to RWW

RWW

What is the comparison between the resources of the first and second computer involved here?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements?

Are you running the program as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

If you can get into the program long enough to Sign Out (Help Menu/Sign Out), please do that first to deactivate the program.

Then uninstall the program via the typical Control Panel route.

Next run the ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry parts).

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Read the instructions carefully. I have used this program without problems for several years for computer maintenance.

Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewalls turned off.

Please review and then let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2013 8:55 PM   in reply to RWW

RWW

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry the news is not better.

Is the video card and the video card driver the same in both computers?

If not, then make sure that the video card driver is up to date according to the manufacturer of the video card.

Check out the scratch disks to make sure that they are directed to a location with enough hard drive space to accept the files that are automatically generated in the run of certain project features. At the Scratch Disks set up the same for both computers? Any plug-ins on one computer that are not on the other?

If none of that works, it may be time to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat. Doing that does not prohibit you from continuing our discussions on your program issues here.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date .html#notconnected

Please take a look at the above to determine if any of it has any impact on your issue.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2013 4:50 PM   in reply to RWW

RWW

Thanks for the update.

Let us see what Adobe Chat has to say about this situation.

But please let me clarify what you are reporting for the Scratch Disc location for Media Cache.

There are two Media Cache. One typically is in Document/Adobe/Premiere Elements/ and is Media Cache Files Folder. That one is involved with the conformed audio (cfa and pek files). The other Media Cache which has the Media Cache Database is involved with conformed video files (.mcdb files). The latter is fixed at its location is Local Disk C\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common.

Are you saying that the Media Cache Files Folder is directed to a drive that shows less free hard drive space in preferences than the drive has when viewed on the computer elsewhere?

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2013 9:10 PM   in reply to RWW

RWW

Thanks for the good news..."now I am able to use the program normally."

I had no idea what the "nvoglv64.dll" was and what it was supposed to do. I did a quick Google search just now. It seems to be a compoent of the NVIDIA video card driver. It looks like it has been around a while, nothing new?

Have a great news year and thank for all the follow ups.

Best wishes,

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points