• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 11: I do not know how to delete empty pages

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2013 Dec 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inadvertently copied too much data from one FM document to another. I discovered that I did this only after making further changes in the second document, so I was unable to undo the copy/paste operation. Deleting the unwanted text has left my document with more than 80 empty pages that I am unable to delete.

i tried copying only the text I still needed from the second document, deleting everything in the document, and pasting the needed data back in, but the empty pages persist.

How do I solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try:

1. Format > Page Layout > Pagination
    Make sure Before Saving & Printing is set to:
    [ Delete Empty Pages ]

2. Format > Page Layout > Apply Master Pages
    [ OK ]
    You may get a harmless "Master Page Mapping table does not exist"

3. File > Save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Special> Delete Pages should do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I found that described on another post. It worked. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Special > Delete Pages should do it.

Let's chat about that.

I've seen cases where if you delete too many trailing pages, and end up deleting pages that still have content, that content is still there, but can be tricky to recover, as it flows out of sight at the bottom of the last remaining page.

The delete pages operation seems almost to mark the new last page as disconnected. A quick search on the DP topic doesn't seem to get any hits on this.

And unrelated to S>DP, if the technique I posted doesn't work, chances are there's some other problem in the document (such as disconnected pages) that requires remediation. It does fix two common problems, which are:

• document not configured to auto-delete empty pages, and/or
  • custom Master Page assigned to empty page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines