Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Plugin loses some actions in progress

Dec 22, 2013 5:00 AM

Please, help me!

I perform certain actions within its handler menu goМenuItem - delete some objects; do other invisible; run through certain actions by PlayActionEvent(), e.t.c. then export the file again through PlayActionEvent("adobe_exportDocument" ...) and see that after all my activities were canceled - a document recovered to the initial state, and after each export and save the need to repeat the entire sequence again. Moreover, on some computers to export certain actions randomly do not work. What am I doing wrong? Sorry for my bad English

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2014 5:23 AM   in reply to _MBK_

When you run the action, you're obviously executing the same code that Adobe does when they do it through the UI. One thing I've noticed is that a few of the 'Save As' operations seem to run undo as one of their last steps. Presumably because while they're doing their export work they do some things to the artboard and have to put it back the way they found it. There isn't an easy way to avoid this unfortunately; mainly you just have to notice it and work around it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2014 11:14 AM   in reply to _MBK_

Yes, I should have said we've noticed it outside of actions too. Basically, you just have to work around it the hard way. In the example code you described, I'd just re-delete my artwork afterwards. It's very annoying, but there's no way around it that we've found.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points