Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to bypass PrE12 menu templates?

Dec 23, 2013 8:03 AM

Tags: #custom_menu #pe12 #menu_template

I would like to create a very simple menu for a DVD.

A still image as background for the Menu, with DVD Name and buttons for chapters/sections.

Each button with a name.

Button could also be a thumbnail, but this is optional.

Reading the PrE Manual, all I find are ways to go through the pre-set menu templates based on themes and customize them.

Rather than re-doing existing templates, is there a simple way to start with a blank slate and simply create a Menu with the items mentioned above?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 23, 2013 8:11 AM   in reply to Kawika808

Do you have Photoshop?

If so, with a bit of background work and understanding, you CAN create your PrE Menu Sets, but there are several, very specific naming and construction conventions, that are extremely important, and those conventions MUST be adhered to perfectly, for things to work properly.

Even though I do this fairly often, to make sure that I do things EXACTLY as they must be done, I keep one of the Templates open, and used as a reference.

If one has PsElements, there are some things that cannot be done directly (creating Layer Sets, for instance), but customization can be done.

It is usually more efficent, and easier, to start with a Menu Set Template that provides most of what one wants, and then customize that Template, to suit the exact needs.

This Tips & Tricks article links to a discussion in the Photoshop General Discussions Forum, on creating, or editing Menu Set Templates for Premiere Elements: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2490848#2490848

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 23, 2013 12:44 PM   in reply to Kawika808

When I either create, or heavily customize an existing Menu Set Template, rather than overwrite the provided Templates, I just add my new versions, and have a folder (within the Template hierarchy), "Hunt Menus," and when I have set those up with the PNG files (thumbnails), and such, those appear in my Menus gallery. That allows me to retain the original Menu Sets, should I ever need to go back to one, but also to have my fully custom Menu Sets, when I want those.

As for Video in Ps CS 4, only the Extended version did much Video handling. That was true, though Ps CS 5.5, and then Ps CS 6 added more Video capabilities (the Extended version of Ps CS 6 was more about 3D work). Still, compared to even Premiere Elements, the Ps Video editing is somewhat limited.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points