• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/text/Font.html

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should include an example using text without the creation of a class.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2013 Dec 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Font class is an abstract class which manages embedded fonts, who subclass this main Font class. What type of example are you explicitly referring to? "Using text" is too ambiguous, you'll need to supply more information about your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fonts that come back using the enumerateFonts() method as 'embedded', are not always fonts that have actually been embedded. I was doing some testing and had several dynamic text fields (classic text) on the stage, of which I had three different fonts, none of which were embedded, but all three fonts came back as 'embedded' fonts when I ran enumerateFonts(). Is the fonts status of 'embedded' not linked up to the font embedding that is done from the properties window in Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The timeline should always be separated from code. As an optimizing technique the IDE will store outlines for the characters you use, unless you explicitly specify a unicode range. Otherwise you would be pretty angry if you simply wrote a single word, exported the SWF and it was a 1MB file. You can pair that method with Font.hasGlyphs("my string here") to be sure the glyphs you need to present are included. But the font, even if it has 1 glyph embedded, will show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines