Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Using Project Manager

Dec 23, 2013 2:10 PM

I am using Robohelp 10 on Win 7 OS

After renaming some files and folders in the Project Manager, I closed RoboHelp and when I tried to open the project again it was corrupted. Got the message "Robohelp stopped working" and could not open the project.

I wonder if I broke some rule(s) for using Project Manager. Here's what I did:

1. right-clicked a folder and chose "rename" to rename the folder. Did this to a few folders.
  2. right-clicked a topic and chose "properties". Under "general" tab, renamed "topic title" and "file name" (thought i used the correct RH file naming conventions for doing so). Did this to a few topics. Also revised index and keyword text.
  3. Dragged-and-dropped a few topics into different folders.
  4. Dragged a topics up and down in a folder to change the list order
  5. After moving all topics out of folder, right-clicked an empty folder and chose "delete". did this to a few folders

Do any of these actions break the rules of using Project Manager?

It may be helpful to also note that i have not as yet created a ToC for this project

One more note: fortunately i had a backup of the project. I opened this project and after i made the following changes, the project was corrupted:

1. In the project manager, created a new folder
  2. for a topic in a different folder, right-clicked the topic and chose properties. Renamed the "topic title". Revised the "keyword" text. Added an index enty.
  3. Moved the topic to the new folder
  4. Exited Robohelp

What option is not permissible?

Replies
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 24, 2013 1:50 AM   in reply to jeffc2010

They are all permissible. If your project is still corrupted, try deleting the <projectname>.cpd file and reopen the project.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points