Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Panorama failure

Dec 24, 2013 6:55 PM

I can no longer create panoramas. When attempting the merge I receive the message "Documents Must Be Saved Before They Can Be Merged" no amount of saving or changing formats, uninstallation of CS6, removal of preference files, or anything I have tried helps correct the problem. I have run out of options. Any help?

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,880 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Dec 29, 2013 1:51 PM   in reply to TOGAR

I can't think of any reason that should be happening, so try resetting Preferences - Hold down Shift Ctrl Alt (Shift Cmd Opt) as you open Photoshop.

When Photomerge doesn't work, you can sometimes get round it by loading the images into Photoshop layers (Bridge > Tools > Photoshop has a function to do this).

When the layers are open, select them all and go Edit > Auto Align layers, followed by Edit > Auto Merge layers (with seamless tones and colours checked).

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,479 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 29, 2013 4:30 PM   in reply to TOGAR

I'm assuming you HAVE actually tried saving the documents (e.g., as PSD files) before doing the Photomerge?

If you are on Mac, do you have a font manager installed?  I've heard certain ones of those will touch your file for some reason after you've saved it.

Do you know that you don't actually have to have any files open for Photomerge to work?  Try File - Automate - Photomerge, then choose the files to stitch.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,479 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 29, 2013 10:57 PM   in reply to TOGAR

Have you tried the Photoshop Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool?

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation -problems.html

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points