Skip navigation
vservu
Currently Being Moderated

SDK manager: missing SDK cannot be removed

Dec 25, 2013 8:05 AM

Tags: #problem #flash #sdk_manager #remove_sdk

I got stuck:
SDK manager reports at every start of Flash Pro that some old AIR SDK versions are missing.

What is OK and correct, since I deleted the versions 3.2 and 3.4.

But those missing SDKs cannot be removed with SDK manager, because a next message tells me: Path is not availabe/found

Sure it is not, I removed it. But because of that message I also cannot add a new SDK (I want to try v4.0).
So I neither can remove non existing ones, nor add new SDKs. I only can exit that window by abort; with the result that no changes to the list are saved

How can I unlock that situation?
I tried to create empty folders at the expected path. I even added configuration files with those version names, to no avail.

I hesitate re-installing Flash PRO becasue I do not want to loose settings or risk anything. I need it in my production workflow to create the projector exe and app files.

Thanks in advance

Hans

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 26, 2013 7:41 AM   in reply to vservu

I assume you're using CS6, 3.6 comes with CC, 3.2 comes with CS6. Are the SDKs by chance still in recycling able to be restored? If not just re-download 3.2 (what it expects to exist) and put it back in the AIR3.2 folder. That's the easiest. You could also try the preferences reset but it may not fix that issue and you've already said you don't want to lose your settings.

AIR archive downlods:

http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html

In the future, as I'm sure you know now, just jump in that panel and remove a SDK before you delete it. You'll notice the panel is quite static. If you update the version of an existing SDK (3.9 to a newer 3.9) it retains the old version number unless you delete it and re-add. It doesn't update itself as well as it could. As a general rule of thumb I never remove the default SDK or Flash Player version a version of Flash Pro comes with. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 30, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to vservu

Glad you got it resolved and if you're all set please mark helpful/correct so we can filter unanswered questions.

You're welcome and good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points