Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

The Future Of Encore

Dec 26, 2013 5:04 PM

Hello Everyone.

Based on the experience I had with Encore, I believe It Is one of the most Professional software's In the market for the

making of Professional D.V.D's

For example:

If you done a Wedding, or Corporate, or even a family Video, and If your Client Is asking for a Professional D.V.D Presentation,

Encore Is the right software.

But I totally do not understand, why when all the Adobe Products are Creative Cloud CC.. We still have to use the CS6 version

and go through all this Trouble of Downloading from here and there?

" Later It may not even work correctly".

Off course, people are watching many Video's Online, But the Professionals Still use Professional Quality D.V.D for different presentations.

Therefore, I have no Idea what Is going to be a future for Encore.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 26, 2013 6:02 PM   in reply to animationlife

There is NO future for Encore - CS6 is the final Encore http://www.adobe.com/products/encore/faq.html

Adobe SAYS the future is streaming video... the RUMOR is that the company who owns the modules that Adobe licensed to create Encore will no longer license those modules past CS6, so CS6 is the last version

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2014 8:10 AM   in reply to animationlife

>what If Adobe stops

If you will go to the link I posted, you will see that Adobe HAS stopped supporting Encore... in that there will be NO updates for future operating system upgrades

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2014 7:02 PM   in reply to animationlife

There is no future for physical media, which is why Encore was discontinued.

As many of you know, there is a major shift taking place right now with digital media, specifically in the world of streaming content and cloud-based media storage. Within 2 to 3 years, DVDs and Blu-rays will almost be completely dead as a delivery format. While many companies have tackled some of the issues with this transition to online delivery, none of them have addressed the real issues, which is why DVD and Blu-ray continue to be used.

Since Adobe has offered no solution for this, you might be interested in the new MediaZilla platform ( www.mediazilla.com ) which is the first platform that truly offers a solution to the chaos of digital media. MediaZilla has finally addressed the major pitfalls of existing services like Vimeo, iCloud, DropBox, etc. In addition, it has innovative features like easy to create online "Blu-ray style" menus to showcase your work,  a feature that no other platform offers. MediaZilla has already gained huge support by the top video professionals (Ray Roman, Dave Williams, etc.) and is being hailed as the future of the industry. You might want to go check it out. Again, Adobe offers no competing solution, not even close.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2014 8:24 PM   in reply to John T Smith

>RUMOR is that the company who owns the modules that Adobe licensed to create Encore

see #8 here for more on that http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1337952?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2014 12:14 PM   in reply to animationlife

There are many, who feel the same way, at least at this moment in time. Unfortunately the numbers are not large enough, and are probably starting to dwindle as more companies, like the one that Jon linked to above, become more successful.

Fortunately, I am retired, so do not have to worry about delivery any longer.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points