Skip navigation
TomBerry1
Currently Being Moderated

Flex Application Stage Size and Scale

Dec 29, 2013 8:41 PM

I am trying to create a Web and Desktop flex application for people who may have less than perfect vision. I would like to allow the users to magnify everything on the screen (including text, buttons, images, etc.) if necessary. I have gotten the magnification step down using the following code in the main Application

var matrix:Matrix = this.transform.matrix;

var scale:Number = 2;        

matrix.scale(scale, scale);

this.transform.matrix = matrix; // this refers to the main Application

Of course, by doing so, the Flex Application will be too big for the Flash Player window and only the top left quarter of the application is visible. I figure the next step is to decrease the Flex Application stage size by 50% to compensate. For some reasons, I can't figure out how to change the stage size of the Flex Application so that it only occupies the top left quarter of the Flash Player window.

Any thoughts? Thanks a lot!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 30, 2013 2:26 AM   in reply to TomBerry1

Instead of manipulating the application, why not wrap all your content inside a container with scroll bars? You can then magnify the content and scroll it.

I'd give it a go, but I have loads of other things to do and I can't help wondering if the browser is better at magnifying content.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points