Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 12 hides Panasonic RAW files. How do I unhide the files?

Jan 2, 2014 7:54 PM

Tags: #organizer #preferences #pse12 #pse_12 #automatically_stack #stack_raw_and_jpeg

PSE 12 has a new feature under Preferences/Camera or Card Reader called "Alutomatically Stack RAW and JPEG." Checking this will stack a RAW & JPEG file combination, i.e., when shooting with the camera's RAW + JPEG setting checked. In my case PSE 12 appears to stack my Panasonic RAW files and each JPEG thumbnail shows the right facing arrow to expand the stack. When I click the arrow the arrow disappears but the stack does not expand to reveal the RAW file. The RAW file still exists on the hard drive, but I can't find any way to reveal it in PSE (I've not tried to re-import the RAW files because there are a lot of files in a lot of folders.) This is rather critical and needs to be fixed. Any ideas??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2014 10:06 PM   in reply to Michael3442

What camera-raw plug-in version is PSE12 hosting and what model of camera are the raws from?  One suspicion is that your raw files are too new to be supported by the plug-in so they don’t show as expected.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2014 5:45 AM   in reply to Michael3442

Hi,

What is the camera model you're using? Can you please share one such set of RAW+JPEG with us?

If yes, please private message me an email id to which I can send you a Dropbox request. That will greatly help us investigate the issue.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2014 10:13 PM   in reply to Michael3442

Yes, got it. I have sent you dropbox request. Please share the requested testfiles for our investigation.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2014 9:18 PM   in reply to Michael3442

Hi MIchael,

Sorry for a late followup. I tried the same workflow with the files you shared but in my case, I'm able to expand the stack correctly.

If there is some db corruption, we would like to have a look at it too. Please let me know if you can share your catalog db file with us. I will send you the steps of how to locate database on your system and then you may share it with us using Dropbox folder which you already have shared.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2014 7:22 AM   in reply to Michael3442

In the prior reply, Andaleeb says the files you sent them are working ok, so it would not seem like Adobe has dropped support for your camera model, which I’ve never heard of, either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2014 10:02 PM   in reply to Michael3442

The fact that I tried your scenario with PSE12 and your RAW files rules out any kind of support drop

Thanks for agreeing to share you catalog db.

Please check Help > System Info to find catalog path location. Go to this location on hard disk and share "catalog.pse12db" file with us in the same Dropbox folder. We will look into it to see what went wrong.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2014 9:51 PM   in reply to Michael3442

Thanks Michael. I got your catalog db and looks like the issue exists with only some of the files in your catalog (details in you inbox). I will get back to you as soon as we resolve this.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points