Skip navigation
silverfoxaa
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge stopped working.... i have CS5

Jan 3, 2014 11:47 AM

Tags: #cs5 #bridge_reinstall

For some time now, i have been getting the following message when i open bridge   "Bridge encountered a problem and is unable to read the cache.  Please try purging the central cache in Cache Preferences to correct the situation" so, i have found that under "tools" and purged individual folders as i needed to work on.    I have been using CS5 with no problems for a long time and love it.    I do not want to upgrade to anything else.   I have  an I Mac OSX desktop.   I also have CS5 on my Mac Book Pro and its working just fine.    I am an artist and do all my work with photoshop CS5 but am not a techie!!

Any ideas about how to fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2014 12:57 PM   in reply to silverfoxaa

Check your free disk space.  You should have at least 15%.  So for a 700 g drive you should have 100g free.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2014 1:43 PM   in reply to silverfoxaa

What is the size of the cache?  Where is it located? 

If you moved the pictures to another drive the cache probably has to be rebuilt.    Mac does have a problem with cache like you state and if purging does not work you might have to delete it manuallly.  This is in a hidden directory.  Probably find it with web search to find fourm comment on issue. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2014 7:12 PM   in reply to silverfoxaa

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2014 8:48 AM   in reply to silverfoxaa

Not a mac user but look at this doc.  As I said the library you want is hidden by Apple.  http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/qt/Os-X-Lion-Is-Hiding-Your-Libr ary-Folder.htm

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points