Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

color profiles do not stay synchronized across all applications in CS6

Jan 3, 2014 1:44 PM

I've recently uopgraded my system to Maverick.   Using Adobe CS6 Suite. It seems as of late when selecting a color profile for the creative suite, the application does not keep the color setting.  They say synchronized but when reopening to check again, it says unsynchronized.

Also, When making a PDF from InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop, the colors look dead and darker in the PDF.  Again, the Acrobat color prefs say "unsynchronized".  If I go to Bridge and re-apply the profile, all is fine, but on reopening the color prefs in Acrobat they are back to "unsynchronized".  This also happens in InDesign and Illustrator.

All this an more.  I work with a client who is the inhouse graphics manager.  We run the same software and the same profiles, yet the same color files look different on his computer than on mine.

Can someone shed  some light on this issue.  Been doing this many years and have not had this problem.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 5, 2014 9:10 AM   in reply to good dog

Not all that familiar with Color sync but bridge should be acting as the central and when you have selected the correct color profile in Bridge CS6 under the menu edit / color settings all CS6 applications should have this profile / setting show.

In your case I would start to reset preferences for Bridge with holding down option key while starting Bridge and from the menu choose reset preferences.

Maybe even do this with al other CS applications if only bridge does not help.

And this is no help to you but I'm still not on Mavericks but if I make the switch I don't use the option for upgrade but make a day free to install everything from scratch. For normal use with a few apps it might not be important to do so but with a lot of apps and daily use in a professional workflow I always go for security versus speed

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points