Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pause buttons

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Got a request from a customer wanting us to put a pause / play button on every slide of their project.  Even though we explained that the slide wouldnt progress until the next button was pressed and that you can press the back button if you miss anything they have insisted (and they customer is always right.)

The problem i have is i have advanced actioned on the slides and the play / pause button works until the advanced action is executed.

for example the pause button is visible in the output. there is voice over and text and image on the slide but there is a button that once pressed (Advanced action) another image appear.

if this button is advanced action button is pressed before the pause button it seems to render the pause button inactive.

Anyone got any advise?

I also have another question on publishing on HTML5 but i have posted that under a different discussion to prevent getting confused!

thanks you in advance

Su

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really need more details, trying to answer is just guessing. How did you configure the pause/play buttons? Are they on the master slide (shape buttons can), are they timed for the rest of the project? Which version do you use? And the other 'button' with the advanced action , does it have a pausing point? Can we see a screenshot of the timeline, of the advanced actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Sorry for being vague

the pause / play buttons are not on the master, due to the layered backgrounds that the client has.

the pause button is visible in output and has an advnaced action as per the screen shot.

pause.png

the play button is not visible in output and is in the same position as the pause button and has the advanced action as below.

play.png

they run for the rest of each slide.

the version i am using is captivate 7.0.1.237

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have answered and double-checked a similar situation couple of weeks ago. And I discovered that only for pause/play, having two different buttons with standard advanced actions in the same location at the same time, even though ony one is visible, is not always functioning well. There are no problems with toggling like that for other functionality (like CC, Playbar, TOC), only for Play/Pause. My workaround will be to use one button (invisible to user or click box or shape which can be timed for the rest of the project, much better than copy/paste to each slide) with two images that switch. And for that one button you need a conditional advanced action, by checking the system variable cpCmndPause. I couldn't find the reason why this works better, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is terrible.   I'm using Captivate 9 and I'm seeing the same problem.  I'm developing children's curriculum so in each page there are lots of buttons (without pause) that launch video and audio actions on different objects on the screen.  Whenever one of those buttons are pushed the 'Next' button (which has a pause) disappears!  

Your solution (to put everything in a single pause button) will not work for me.   Is there a workaround for this?  Perhaps via JavaScripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources