Skip navigation
gunerbey
Currently Being Moderated

troubles importing 4k?

Jan 5, 2014 5:50 PM

so im currently using the trial version of p.e 12. the purpose of this program is for me to edit my gopro videos and everything is great except that when importing a 4k video it only uses the sound. it even works fine with 2.7k. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 5, 2014 5:55 PM   in reply to gunerbey

Some people have problems with GoPro, so I saved the links below for a POSSIBLE solution

GoPro http://forums.adobe.com/message/4486784

-below says Mac (Win process should be the same) but even GoPro says to convert to edit

-http://gopro.com/how-to-prepare-video-files-for-editing-apple-mac/

-use to convert http://gopro.com/software-app/cineform-studio/

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2014 7:04 PM   in reply to gunerbey

gunerbey

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

What specific project presets are you using for your 2.7K and 4K footage from GoPro (presumed Black Hero 3)?

What format is your footage in when it is imported into Premiere Elements 12....Cineform free, .mov file extension, video compression, other...

How would you describe your computer resources?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2014 9:50 PM   in reply to gunerbey

gunerbey

Thank you for the reply.

I have not worked with GoPro Black Hero 3 2.7K nor 4K video. My comments are from what I have read.

You write that you have no problems with the video quality of the 2.7K, but have problems with the video of the 4K footage. Is the footage that you are importing into Premiere Elements 12 direct from the GoPro or has it been converted or processed beforehand?

Are there any obvious differences between the two with the exception of resolution and frame rate?

There is no project preset for either of these. So, what you bring to the Timeline will no doubt have an orange line over its contents. That is the program's way of telling you that you do not have the best possible preview. To get the best possible preview that the program can give, the user presses the Enter key of the computer main keyboard. When the Timeline content rendering is completed, that orange line turns green. Have you been looking at the rendered Timeline content of both the 2.7K and 4K footage?

More later.

ATR

Add On....Just a point of clarification...with the 4K, do you get any video or is it just that the video is of poor quality? If just of poor quality in the Edit area, you might want to do a mini test run to see what the export of the Timeline looks like. Have you done that for 2.7K as well as 4K yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 6:41 AM   in reply to gunerbey

Gunerbey,

This is a fairly recent thread on PrE 11 and GoPro 4K footage, that might be helpful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5174012#5174012

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 7:56 AM   in reply to gunerbey

gunerbey

Premiere Elements 12...4K

Thanks for the follow up information and the clarification on no video import versus video import with poor quality for the 4K from Go Pro Black Hero 3 into Premiere Elements 12.

You say that there is no difference except resolution and frame rate between your 2.7K (video imports) versus 4K (no video import), but in view of the following, I wonder.

Since my last reply, I see that Hunt has identified an earlier thread here that went to the issue that you presented. Have you had a chance to follow up on Ann Bens' statement in that reference which relates to Premiere Elements 11 and 4K ?

That is what i said, you need to convert the 4k to Cineform then it will import with video.

If that is the case, the video codec and other distinctions between the 2.7K (which you say works) and the 4K (no video import) are not clear to me.

Looking forward to further clarification on that from Hunt and/or Ann Bens.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 6:40 PM   in reply to gunerbey

gunerbey

Thanks for the follow up. Your thread has focused on some interesting Go Pro 2.7K and 4K matters for the Premiere Elements user. Major 4K comment and contribution by Ann Bens.

Wishing you success with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points