Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Does PS Elements have something equivalent to Curves in PS?

Jan 5, 2014 9:15 PM

Tags: #curves

How would I make the adjustments I could make with Curves in PS?

  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 5, 2014 11:14 PM   in reply to beng69

    What version of photoshop elements and operating system?

    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2014 12:49 AM   in reply to beng69

    If you did not use different adjustments for each color channel, the solution is to use a black to white gradient map adjustment layer in luminosity mode. The stops in the gradient map play the same role as the points in the curve. As a matter of fact, it's simply a different visual interface, but the map or the curve are strictly equivalent.

    If you are using Windows, I recommend using the 'smartcurve' plugin. Very powerful and useful for Elements, since it can work in 8 or 16 bits (with HSL or Lab additionnally), and create and use curves files used in Photoshop.

    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points