• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM7 to FM11: Phantom Unresolved X-Refs

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting this here for future reference, as Adobe Support gave wrong answer.

Problem: Converting FM 7 book to FM 11 (by opening in FM 11), all documents show as having invalid X-Refs on opening, but search from Invalid XRefs only shows valid XRefs.

(This is a problem because it makes it really difficult to locate "valid invalid" xrefs)

Tried the usual workarounds (save as FM11, restart FM 11, reopen saved; convert to MIF in FM 7, convert to back FM in FM11; etc.). No joy.

Adobe Solution: Called Adobe Support: after a lot of going around in circles, told me I would need to install FM 8 and FM 10, and do a step by step conversion (FM7>FM8, FM8>FM10, FM10 > FM11) to fix. This seemed silly (they couldn't say why that would work) and impractical (I only have FM7 and FM11, they couldn't provide trial copies of FM 8 or FM 10).

ACTUAL SOLUTION:

Actually caused by missing fonts in FM11 (installed on different PC). Once I changed got rid of those, the invalid "Invalid X-Ref" messages all went away.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other usual suspects were identified in this 2012 thread

Rogue Unresolved Cross-Reference to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No conditional text in this particular book, but that's good to know.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines