Skip navigation
DarNC
Currently Being Moderated

Is PSE 11 Incompatible with Mac OS X 10.9.1

Jan 6, 2014 2:00 PM

Tags: #organizer #workspace #missing_menu_function #photoshop_elements_11 #workspace_corruption #mac_os_10.9

I've been using PSE 11 for some time with no problem.  I recently upgraded my Mac operating sytem to 10.9.1 and now the workspace for the PSE 11 Organizer is not displaying properly.  The top menu bar with the import, media, people, places, events, share, and create functions isn't visible.  I'm also unable to scroll to the top of my catalog of photos.  Is this an incompatibility problem or is there something else wrong?  Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2014 3:51 PM   in reply to DarNC

It is absolutely vital to delete all the PSE preferences on doing a major system upgrade like from 10.8 to 10.9. Directions are here:

http://barbarabrundage.com/2013/10/28/photoshop-elements-and-os-x-mave ricks/

Having said that, the comic and graphic novel filters in PSE 11 will crash PSE every time and there's no cure.

For your organizer problem, go to system preferences>displays and set the screen resolution down as far as possible, click Apply, then set it back up and that will usually snap your windows back into place. The problem you're describing is not related to 10.9. More often it happens when you've been using a larger second monitor and you go back to just your own screen.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 4:19 PM   in reply to DarNC

Yes, absolutely you should. Also, I don't know if it's mentioned on that page, but there's a known bug between using cover flow view in windows in 10.9 and adobe products. Make sure your finder/open/etc windows are in list or icon view.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 7:37 PM   in reply to DarNC

What was the lowest available resolution in system preferences?

Since you can get to the lower right corner, if you squoodge the window as small as possible can you drag it then?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2014 9:19 AM   in reply to DarNC

It should work with the highest resolution once you're able to move the window down a bit. Try it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points