Skip navigation
Terry22
Currently Being Moderated

cannot sign in

Jan 6, 2014 4:34 PM

Tags: #in #sign

purchased / downloaded / installed adobe premiere elements 12 - Win 8.1 64-bit. Program asks me to sign in to validate, and then says i'm not connected to the internet. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No luck.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2014 5:33 PM   in reply to Terry22

Terry22

Have you temporarily disabled you Internet connection for about 15 to 30 seconds, then turned it back on. Did it make a difference?

Go to Computer/Manage/Event Viewer, Windows Log, Applications and look for any Errors related to your Sign In issue.

Do you find any? What do they say?

If problems persist and we cannot find a Error message to direct us, then you may want to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat. They hold the keys (no pun intended) to program activation. To do that, click on the following link.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=se rial-number-issues-or-activating-my-product

I have pre-set the topic to "Serial number issues and Activating my product".

When the link opens, click on "I still need help." to bring up Adobe Chat. Great group.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 9:21 PM   in reply to Terry22

Terry22

Thanks for the great news. Glad Adobe Chat/Technical Support identified the problem in that host file.

Do you recall how they edited it. Did they remove references to "activate.adobe.com" or did they add it?

Best wishes

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2014 9:54 PM   in reply to Terry22

Terry22

Thanks. I have seen that approach cited before. But, I had not run into anyone who used it and that was the fix for him or her.

The Adobe document that I saw it in seemed to be directed to the CC, CS6, and CS5.5 people.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-i ssues.html

Thanks again for the follow up which will be very helpful to all.

Thanks for the opportunity to help.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points