Skip navigation
Mongoose197
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 8.0 Will Not Open (Including Editor and Organizer)

Jan 6, 2014 6:19 PM

Tags: #photoshop #problem #not #adobe #working #organizer #8.0 #crash #elements #wont #windows #screen #creative #7 #tablet #editor #pse8 #report #intuos #pen #wacom #welcome #appear

I have been using PSE 8.0 for three or four years now, and I have never experienced any problems with it. Today, after installed a Wacom Intuos Creative Pen Tablet, my PSE 8.0 would not open-- nor would Editor and Organizer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, renaming certain files (as read in other answers), creating shortcuts to bypass the Welcome Screen (which also will not appear), among other solutions that I read about for similar problems. Whenever I attempt to open Organizer, a crash report appears, stating that the program has quit unexpectedly--that's all it says. If I try to open PSE 8 or Editor, the circle next to my cursor appears for a moment, but soon it disappears without a single pop-up or explanation as to why the program won't open. Since I cannot access the Welcome Screen, I cannot locate the Preference file to change the name/delete it.  If it matters, I use Windows 7.

Any and all help is appreciated. I'm going a bit insane without my lovely Photoshop to doodle in. ;n;

Thank you,

~ Mongoose

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2014 6:35 PM   in reply to Mongoose197

Perhaps you too can benefit by resetting the preferences to default.  I don't use PSE8 nor have I used before but for latest product, I posted the instructions here:

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/5983210#5983210#5983210#5983210>

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2014 7:05 PM   in reply to Mongoose197

Did you try it on Editor first.  Organizer doesn't work all the time but it should work in Editor if you try it again.  Make sure the three keys are kept pressed until you click on the YES button in the small window which is sometimes hidden behind the welcome screen.  You just need to move the welcome screen with your mouse.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points