Skip navigation
bob_the_magic_moose
Currently Being Moderated

Crash on load if not administrator

Jan 6, 2014 6:55 PM

So when I run encore normally it crashes on startup, but when I run it elevated to administrator privileges it runs fine. This is on a Windows 8.1 machine with the User folder on a separate drive than the OS. The environmental TEMP/TMP variables point to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp and the registry holds that "ProfilesDirectory"->"L:\Users"  so I think I did everything right. Is there a way to make sure that Encore works without the elevated privileges? When linking from Premiere Pro it won't work unless PP is elevated as well... I don't like running programs elevated when they shouldn't need to. Thanks in advance!

-Scott

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2014 7:06 PM   in reply to bob_the_magic_moose

I have not seen an analysis as to how to avoid "running as administrator." You can set it up so it always does.

Just as you have done, you can try to give sufficient rights to the various driver/folder locations, but I suspect there is more to it.

Keep in mind that the authorcore is Sonic/roxio, and we really don't know how Adobe has hooked into their code. Also, any burner programs have always had issues with sharing.

Let us know if you find a way.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2014 7:48 PM   in reply to bob_the_magic_moose

As far as I know, you MUST "run as administrator" if you are authoring a dual layer DVD (and, maybe, a BluRay)

Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 (Encore AND Premiere)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points