Skip navigation
Skouz
Currently Being Moderated

HD to DVD setup for Encore CS5

Jan 6, 2014 6:51 PM

Tags: #hdv #encore #dvd #artifacts #transcoding

I'm pretty confused right now. I'm not sure where to turn.

I've been a long-time user of Premiere Pro CS5. Now, as I'm attempting make a DVD from the HDV footage I've captured on my Sony Z5U (via the MCR1 Compact Flash recorder), I'm getting unacceptable DVDs with artifacts that look worse than a VHS copy! (lines and boxed pixels).

I've searched the Internet for 3 days, and could only find more confusing chatter about how to produce a decent DVD. I know that the HD quality on my monitor can't be duplicated on a DVD (SD quality), so I'm expecting some degradation. It's bad enough to wait several hours for the transcoding process to complete--but then I then get a crummy DVD.

Perhaps I'm wishing the un-doable. But life sure got complcated with the HD format.

My imported video files are:

1440x1080i (30fps) AVCHD video (actually, I'm not sure if its interlaced or progressive)

Sequence settings for the timeline in PPCS5 is:

Editing Mode: HDV 1080i  29.97 fps

Frame Size: 1440x1080  16x9

Pixel Aspect Ration is HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.333)

Upper field First

Video Previews codec is MPEG I-Frame 1440x1080

Maximum Render Quality

I link the edited timeline directly into Encore and proceed with DVD transcoding and buring. The 95 minute edited project takes at least 6 hours to transcode (snore!!).

So any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2014 8:09 PM   in reply to Skouz

Try without dynamic link... export MPEG2-DVD from PPro and import the 2 (audio and video) files into Encore for authoring

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points