Skip navigation
Deepak_artist
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 it is being hanged attempting to change the font property

Jan 7, 2014 4:32 AM

Tags: #problem #flash #as3 #crash #animation #cs6 #actionscript_3

Hi,

I am working on Flash CS 6 is working fine but one issue i am facing all the time while working on any file whenever i am attempting to change the font property (like from arial or verdana etc.) it is being hanged for few moments like 1 to 2 minutes.

Can help in solving this issue.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2014 8:16 AM   in reply to Deepak_artist

What OS are you on? Are you using any Font managers?

I found a little bit of a speed bump (aside being desirable to me) by setting the preference to always use English font names, you might too:

fontnames.png

Have you tried simply resetting application preferences? When launching the application hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT (Windows) or OPTION+COMMAND+SHIFT (OSX) and click ok to reset application preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2014 7:37 AM   in reply to Deepak_artist

Are you using any font managers? Being you're on Windows I find it unlikely but it's good to know.

Also are you using any anti-malware/virus/etc software? When you request a font drop-down it literally needs to hit the OS to access all the fonts at once and hitting this many large files, if there's other software intercepting it, can be time consuming.

Has the font drop-down ever worked? If so, have you recently installed any new fonts?

Do you have any other Adobe applications where the font drop-down also crashes? Have you tried it in Non-Adobe products like built in Windows Write, etc?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2014 7:21 AM   in reply to Deepak_artist

So it's isolated to Flash CS6.

Can you try resetting Flash CS6 settings. Just close Flash CS6 if it's open. Then run Flash and as soon as you click to run it hold down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT. A dialog will come up asking if you want to reset your preferences. Allow it to reset all your preferences. See if that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2014 1:43 PM   in reply to Deepak_artist

You're at the point where you've done every other rational thing to solve the issue. If you have no issue using font drop-downs in any other Adobe or any other app and have reset Flash to defaults, have no font manager or any corrupt settings, I'm out of suggestiong.

Since Flash is basically back to default install status, that's the last recommendation I could make. If you reinstall Flash and you still have the issue, this is something Adobe support may need to jump in on. There has to be a difference between your environment and everyone elses, only you know what that is. If a fresh install of Flash doesn't work, there's an environment issue.

Are you using an encrypted filesystem or have you manually copied any web fonts into your Windows font directory (where typically they're colored green) and have not clicked 'Unblock' on the file? Windows can sometimes mark downloaded files as dangerous until you view the file properties and click to 'Unblock' it. It's down to this level of "some small thing" that's causing this odd hiccup for Flash.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points