Skip navigation
ForeverBenson
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS4 Keeps Opening the Wrong Document

Jan 7, 2014 8:56 AM

Tags: #cs4 #pagemaker_7.0

Hello,

I tried to convert a PM file with InDesign CS4. But for some strange reasons, it always opens the wrong document (I have another PM document with similiar name which I was able to convert to InDesign a few weeks ago). Whenever I tried to open the new PM document, it did convert but it was the previous converted document.

Could someone let me know what would the reason be?  I have cleared the Recovery Cache files but still no help.

Any kind assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you.

PS: I am using Windows 7 Pro

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2014 10:32 AM   in reply to ForeverBenson

My guess would be that the documents are actually the same with different names.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2014 4:48 PM   in reply to ForeverBenson

Move and change the name on one of them and see if it makes any difference (or resave with a new name and location from PM).

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2014 4:52 PM   in reply to ForeverBenson

Close ID. Move the old file off the computer onto a cd so it is not available, then rename the  InDesign SavedData file in the <user>\appdata\local\Adobe\InDesign\Version 6.0\en_US\caches folder. Restart ID and try File > Open... again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2014 4:38 PM   in reply to ForeverBenson

Trash your prefs (see Replace Your Preferences) and if that doesn't do it, I have nothing more to offer. Something is seriously screwed up someplace.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points