Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bootstrap and DW CC template mark up

Jan 7, 2014 2:45 PM

I am currently constructing a site using bootstrap in DW CC (latest update) see link here http://www.yogaherveybay.com.au/index1.html I am not sure whether this is a DMX or DW issue so I have posted on both forums.

Building the home page was easy with bootstrap but after I created the template editable regions some weird stuff began to occur.  If I open a new page based upon the template file and add content to the editable regions when I go to save the file a dialogue box pops up telling me that.....

"Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or a translator. The change will be discarded."

When you click the ok button another dialogue appears stating....

"While executing onLoad, the following JavaScript error(s) occured:

At line 591 for the file Savvy HD:Applications:Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Configuration:Commands:dmxUpdateHead.html": The object is not currently contained in a document."

I then click ok to this and the first dialogue comes up again and once clicked then the second appears. This can happen up to four times and happens on every save or when opening an already created from a template file.

The file created is ok and is saved and works fine but having to continue dismissing these dialogue boxes is a pain. Can someone look at this and possible suggest a fix please.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2014 3:03 PM   in reply to Tropical Soul

Does your Template .dwt file contain valid markup?

http://validator.w3.org/

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2014 6:40 PM   in reply to Tropical Soul

Hi Tropo,

The problem is caused by Bootstrap wanting to ensure that all the support files are included in the newly created document and the fact that these files are locked by the template.

Not sure, but I think that if you introduce an editable region in the head of your template you should be OK.

If this doesn't help, please come back here and I'll have a closer look.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2014 7:05 PM   in reply to Ben Pleysier

Hi Tropo,

I did have a further look because my suggestion did not work. The following template configuration will work will work.

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="en">
    <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="doctitle" -->
    <title>Bootstrap, from Twitter</title>
    <!-- TemplateEndEditable -->
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    <meta name="description" content="">
    <meta name="author" content="">
    <!-- HTML5 shim, for IE6-8 support of HTML5 elements -->
    <!--[if lt IE 9]>
          <script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/html5shiv/3.6/html5shiv.min.js"></script>
        <![endif]-->
    <!-- Fav and touch icons -->
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="144x144" href="../bootstrap/ico/apple-touch-icon-144-precomposed.png">
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="114x114" href="../bootstrap/ico/apple-touch-icon-114-precomposed.png">
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="72x72" href="../bootstrap/ico/apple-touch-icon-72-precomposed.png">
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="../bootstrap/ico/apple-touch-icon-57-precomposed.png">
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="../bootstrap/ico/favicon.png">
    <!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="head" -->
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../bootstrap/css/bootstrap-responsive.css" />
    <script src="../ScriptLibrary/jquery-latest.pack.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../bootstrap/js/bootstrap.js"></script>
    <style type="text/css">
    </style>
    <!-- TemplateEndEditable -->
    </head>

Adjust the above to suit as long as you keep the configuration.

Site looks great and works well. You may be able to do a bit of cleaning up by following this as suggested by Nancy

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2014 1:44 AM   in reply to Tropical Soul

Correct.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2014 9:33 AM   in reply to Tropical Soul

Hello,

In Dreamweaver click Commands > DMXzone Bootstrap Options, UNcheck the "Automatic File Update" option.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points