Skip navigation
cwood1976
Currently Being Moderated

Not able to select multiple keyframes by holding the shift key.

Jan 7, 2014 3:07 PM

I've been using Audition to clean up the audio of a 3 to 4 person interviews that are shot in a room with really bad accoustics. 

I use volume keyframes to ruberband the audio up and down when different people are talking.

I used to use soundbooth and I could hold down alt/option and click and drag to select multiple keyframes. 

Then I could move the selected key frames and keep them in relation to oneanother. Just like you would in After Effects.

Now that the post facility that I work at has up graded to CC i'm using Audition.

My problem is I can't do the shift + click and drag to select multiple keyframes.

All I can do while holding shift is select the keyframes one by one.  The Audition PDF says that I should be able to do this.

in Audtion i have the default keyboard shortcuts loaded.  My Mac Pro has the default shortcuts loaded as well. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,594 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2014 3:35 PM   in reply to cwood1976

cwood1976 wrote:

My problem is I can't do the shift + click and drag to select multiple keyframes.

All I can do while holding shift is select the keyframes one by one.  The Audition PDF says that I should be able to do this.

The PDF says that you can hold down shift, and select keyframes - but it's not quite as clear as it should be. If you select the first keyframe, hold down shift and then select the last one, it will automatically select all the others in between. Shift and drag isn't an option though - that selects audio.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points