Skip navigation
webweaver4
Currently Being Moderated

How can I place a picture within a heart-shaped frame?

Jan 7, 2014 3:44 PM

Tags: #photoshop #layout #indesign_cs4

I have a picture of two friends and I want to have their picture within a frame shaped like a heart. I will then take the heart-shaped frame+picture and place it on the front of their wedding program.

I've tried eyeballing the size needed for the friends' picture as well as the heart shape, but that isn't working so well. Does someone have some steps I can follow?

After looking at a suggestion on this forum, I should say that I don't have Photoshop Elements (which seems like it would answer my query); just Photoshop CS4.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2014 3:46 PM   in reply to webweaver4

Any shape can be used to hold an image.

You can do this two ways, but both strat with drawing the heart-shaped frame. Once you have the frame, either select it and use File > Place.. to put the image in it directly, or place the image normally anyplace on the page or pasteboard, then cut, select the heart, and Paste Into.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2014 11:48 PM   in reply to webweaver4

If you have created the heart shape frame/shape in indesign.

Place the image you want to go into the frame on to your page or paste board away from the heart shape frame.

Select/click the heart shaped frame, while still selected, then - top menu - edit - paste into, that will put the image into the frame.

TREX

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points