Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Noob looking  to learn.

Jan 7, 2014 6:34 PM

I've been an Adobe user since DW3 and PS5. I've mastered Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Audition, Fireworks, & I've learned my way around in Illustrator, and Flash. I've had Premiere, OnLocation, AfterEffects and Prelude in CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS6.

I haven't done much with any of them other than opening them up, learning menus, and updating them when necessary. I know how to import MP4 files into Premiere CS6. I openly admit I'm lost after that. I've never done "raw" video editing.
I have a Mac Mini. It's a late 2012 with 2.5gHz Corei5, and 16Gb RAM. I use dual monitors. I've got a Logitech C920 HD webcam and a Canon HD Camcorder. I also have a Windows 8 PC but I can't stand that OS and prefer to work on the Mac. I'm starting to get video requests from clients now that they're aware of my new hardware.

Is there a good illustrated tutorial someone could recommend, or would I be better off signing up for the Lynda.com CS6 course?

I've done Lynda.com for Fireworks, Flash, Photoshop and Dreamweaver, and they were really helpful, but if there's a good text tutorial for less, I'm open to that too.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points