Skip navigation
T. Herzer
Currently Being Moderated

FrameMaker 11 - End of flow bug

Jan 9, 2014 8:17 AM

Tags: #framemaker11_page

FrameMaker 11 (working in both structured and unstructured) is not automatically adding new pages when content is added. the end of flow mark is not visible (however, a solid line is indicating additional text is hidden).

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2014 10:04 AM   in reply to T. Herzer

This may be legacy behavior and is arguably not a bug.

I can duplicate the problem on FM7 by deleting ordinary (auto-connected) pages that have Flow A content. The pages vanish, and the last visible page has the
    solid bottom text frame border indicating that the content is still there.

I haven't played with recovery techniques enough to have specific advice. This happens so rarely that I usually just:

• create a new empty document, importing all formats from the damaged one
    • Select All In Flow (A) in the damaged document
    • rename the damaged document and archive it
    • paste the content into the clone
    • save the clone as the original

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2014 9:04 AM   in reply to T. Herzer

The text frame that you are inserting your content into does NOT have the Autoconnect for the Flow enabled. This is not a bug - FM is doing exactly what it is being told to do and indicating this by drawing the solid line at the bottom of the text frame.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2014 9:59 AM   in reply to T. Herzer

If this was a bug, then everybody would be dead in their tracks adding content to FM. Your document might be somehow corrupted or perhaps you have mutliple text frames on the page. Did you check the Autoconnect settting on both the Body and Master pages?

First, trry re-applying the master pages. If that doesn't work, then try creating a new document and copy the flow content as Error suggested.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points