Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lumetri effect not working after 7.2.1 update

Jan 9, 2014 3:40 PM

Tags: #updating #pr #lumetri #luts

The Lumetri effects applied to past sequences show up as Checkered patterns in the preview, when relinking the presets to the LUT when they are applied to a clip in a timeline the timeline freezes and displays black.  Basically all my prior sequences to 7.2.1 are non usable, Any thoughts?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2014 9:33 PM   in reply to LFedit

Have you tried deleting your media cache?

To do this, delete all the contents of the "Media Cache" and "Media Cache Files" folders here:

Mac:

/Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

Win:

\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache and Media Cache Files

Or idea would be to try importing your sequence into a new project.

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2014 4:49 PM   in reply to LFedit

If you're running OpenCL acceleration, try turning that off.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2014 5:30 PM   in reply to LFedit

Unknown Errors are near impossible for us to help with as sooooo many things can cause them.  You'll just need to experiment and see if you can track it down.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2014 6:19 PM   in reply to LFedit

Don't know that it's connected ... but in the last "update" something somehow changed so that if I apply a LUT or Look in Sg that isn't already ALSO in the PPro Lumetri-effects folder, PPro can't 'see' that section of clip. Got the ol' red checker-board thing.

Tried it with a couple other "looks" and yep ... they have to be in BOTH PPro and Sg program folder-trees or it's broken. Before ... anything I did in Sg showed up in PPRo without problem, and clearly ... a decent numbe of the LUT's and looks I'd used were only in Sg's folder-tree.

So ... yea, got to learn where those two trees are and sort through copy/pasting everything in the Sg one into the PPro one. I'd asked a question of whether they also need now to be copied to Ae, got no answer from anyone. I guess I'll find that out later in the week when I get over there again.

You'd think the "common folder" thing, used for quite a bunch of things by Adobe, would be the "natural" home for cross-program shared "tools", wouldn't you?

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points