Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

DPS App Compilation with Windows 8.1

Jan 10, 2014 9:29 AM

Tags: #dps #windows #certificates #app_builder

Hello:

Will R20 support custom app compilation for Windows 8.1? We have several customers waiting for this feature to be enable soon.

Saludos,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 10, 2014 9:41 AM   in reply to Leo Cortes

There’s a beta program. You might want to contact your Adobe rep directly to see if you can get in.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2014 10:53 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Hi Leo,

Have your customers tested their content with the Adobe Content Viewer in the Windows Store? If they have and are happy with the functionality please contact me directly via a private message and I can provide information on how we can build custom viewers for your customers to launch into the Windows Store. Unfortunately we don't have App Builder for this at the moment so it is somewhat of a manual process.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2014 4:57 PM   in reply to Leo Cortes

Go to the Windows Store and download the Adobe Inspire magazine app.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2014 4:32 PM   in reply to Leo Cortes

Hi Leo,

Good question. For the reseller/integrator situation I think it makes sense for them to contact you (since as far as they are concerned you are their DPS contact), and then you work with Adobe to get the viewer produced. We don't have a way for anyone outside of Adobe to build the custom viewers, but we are happy to build the viewers for anyone who needs them to go live in the Windows Store marketplace.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 2:19 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Hi Neil how does windows version compare to iOS in terms of functionality? i.e. overlays, is it equal to iOS or more like the slightly limited Android version? Is there a comparison chart of all three? cheers Alistair

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 6:22 AM   in reply to mobly

I'll work with Bob to get some documentation up in the near future. We have a release going out today hopefully that adds support for HTML articles. All that's left on the overlay side is pan and zoom, image sequence, and audio.

If you haven't already try downloading Adobe Inspire from the Windows Store and play around with it. Or download Adobe Content Viewer and try your own content!

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points