Exit

Should we start to worry or not ?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,

As an Apple developer, I just received a newsletter stating that :

"Starting February 1, new apps and app updates submitted to the App Store must be built with Xcode 5 and iOS 7 SDK"

https://developer.apple.com/ios7/ --> have a look at the last paragraph

So should we be concerned about this or not ? What do tou think ?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Hi All,

The issue has been fixed and the build 4.0.0.1619 is available at

http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/air/air4-0_sdk_mac.tbz2 for mac and http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/air/air4-0_sdk_win.zip for windows. Please let us know if you will face any issues.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same newsletter and I am concerned As well... Very concerned...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure it just means they won't accept things unless built against the ios7 SDK, just as they did the same when ios6 took aver from ios5.

AIR already builds against the ios7 sdk. Remember on a MAC if building natively and you want to use ios7 you have no choice but to use xcode5, hence the message in the email. As long as you a re building against iOS7 SDK, which AIR does, should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody dug into an AIR 4.0 IPA and I believe they saw that the Xcode version seemed to still be Xcode 4.6. So, if Apple look to see if you are using iOS 7 APIs, we’re ok, but if they just look at the Xcode version, we may not be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe seem pretty sommited to iOS so im sure they will do whats needed, should anything be needed. They were pretty on the ball with iOS7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin,

this was me. But I told not 4.6 but 4.5

2014-01-14_041333.jpg

This can be updated fast without Adobe in case that they do not have time to do this before 1th of Feb.

Just go to adt.jar\com\adobe\air\ipa\IPAInfoPlist.class and patch it for correct  xcode version. I will supply if someone need this. In past time (iOS5 > iOS6 ) this helps a lot of people

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I misremenberd the version, but it would still be the same problem. You have to decompile and recompile JARs. don’t you? Most of us haven’t got the right tools to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's was made by me 😉 this time will support again if Adobe will not finish this before 1th feb. no problem - its 5 mins to patch JAR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so to sum up, there are not (too much) reasons to be worried about (yet), appart the wrong XCode version tag embeded in this jar file.

@anton Maybe it would be great if you could explain more in details the process to patch this jar file 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend waste 7 hours to patch jar files and never got results. I think better If I will do this myself ) I don't sure if you find right tools for this because most of them it's selfmade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this is the case too.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Apple can't do something like restricting submissions to ones which have been built only with XCode due to Anit-Trust laws. I imagine that's why they lifted the original ban on AIR apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apple cant ban any adobe air app because it have identical to xcode binary format. How they was appeared its not restricted anymore.

You all talking about simple air xcode update like its end of the life 🙂 Dont panic. This was done from 4.0 to 5.0, from 5.0 to 6.0 and this will be done from 6.0 to 7.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The issue has been fixed and the build 4.0.0.1619 is available at

http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/air/air4-0_sdk_mac.tbz2 for mac and http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/air/air4-0_sdk_win.zip for windows. Please let us know if you will face any issues.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nimitja thanks for the update I download it right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to seem very amature asking this, but once I've downloaded it how to I go about 'installing' the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using? Flash Pro? Flash Builder? FDT? FlashDevelop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, should've said. Flash Pro CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then just go to Help / Manage AIR SDK to use the new SDK (which should be unzipped in a folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that and I get the following message

"The version of the target Adobe AIR SDK is 4.0.0.1619. Only SDK higher than version 4.0.0.1619 may be added."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get such a message. Try to download the latest stable version, which is 4.0.0.1628

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SDK installed on Flash ok

Much like before this though I am getting the error "applicationVerificationFailed" when it tries to install it onto my iPhone. (iOS7 on iPhone 5 which is up to the latest bug update). I thought given the Flash > iOS7 problems this'd be the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The things that were fixed were to do with submitting to the app store. Verification errors are just because you have the wrong certificate or profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This discussion is quite old now, and the advice to get build 1619 is from a month ago. Now you would either want to get the release version, from here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

which is build 1628, or get the current one from labs:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

The main difference between the release one, which already fixed the issues talked about in this thread, and the labs one is that the labs one also fixes issues to do with submitting apps to the Mac App Store. Its build number is quite confusing though, and says it is 13.0.0.42. No idea why it jumped from AIR 4 to AIR 13.

The file linked in this thread is 1619, and you don’t really want that one anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in my reply to OMA2k I'm getting the error "applicationVerificationFailed" when trying to install the ipa onto my iPhone. I'm getting this with both the Air 4 and Air 13 SDKs suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colin Holgate:

Its build number is quite confusing though, and says it is 13.0.0.42. No idea why it jumped from AIR 4 to AIR 13.

Apparently the jump is meant to get AIR to be aligned with Flash Player's current version number, which is also 13. I don't see the need, but whatever. Also, each new version will change the major version number rather than the minor one. So next AIR version after 13.0 will be 14.0, the following after that 15.0, etc... I don't see the point if the actual changes are of the same type as when AIR was advancing only the minor number (3.7, 3.8, 3.9...), i.e: No big changes, just some progressive enhancements.

APW1993 escribió:

As stated in my reply to OMA2k I'm getting the error "applicationVerificationFailed" when trying to install the ipa onto my iPhone. I'm getting this with both the Air 4 and Air 13 SDKs suggested.

As Colin said, that message usually appears when using the wrong certificates and/or provisioning profiles. The provisioning profile has to match the UDID of the test device you're using. If it doesn't, you will not be able to install the IPA into a test device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines