Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

find missing files kinda kludgy

Jan 13, 2014 5:48 PM

I open a session and it asks me to link missing files but I dont even know what's missing.

AFTER i open the session, I can see missing stuff, but then what?  I'd be happy to select

a clip and find the parent, but how?  No context menu to do that, etc.

I get the "offline ?" scribe but it doesnt lead to anything & I knew it was offline.

LIghtroom makes it easy to find whats missing cuz it tells you and you can track it all

the way to the find. 

Thanks anyone

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 13, 2014 9:26 PM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

Not an answer but I have to ask you what you're doing in your workflow that you routinely get missing files?  The only time I have to deal with that is when I accidentally have the wrong external drive connected for some reason.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2014 10:24 AM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

When you click the Link Media button, an "Open Files" dialog should appear and the filename being looked for at that point will be displayed in the dialog title bar.  Once you've located one piece of media, Audition will scan that location for any other missing media and automatically open it as well.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2014 2:34 PM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

Steve Zeeeee wrote:

Also, I'm puzzled how audition could recover them,

cuz the files are whole, in the finder, but all cut up

in the show.

That's easy - Multitrack is non-destructive, and everything about where your file needs to be positioned and played in Multitrack is stored in the .ses file. If it had found the file (which obviously it knows of the existence of), it would have applied all of that information to it. The only thing missing was the current file location, hence the place markers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points