Skip navigation
afwife05
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator CC won't launch (says it has stopped working)

Jan 13, 2014 7:26 PM

I just did the update my cloud loader said it needed and now my Illustrator application won't open in Windows. Keeps saying that it has stopped working.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 13, 2014 10:18 PM   in reply to afwife05

Without system information and the crash details from the Event Viewer nobody can say much.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 1:42 AM   in reply to afwife05

afwife,

You may also look/ask in this specialized forum (where you may be able find the answer from previous threads),

http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

or try Customer Care (tick I Still Need Help and hope for an agent available for a chat),

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=illustrator&topic=download ing-installing-and-setting-up

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2014 11:01 PM   in reply to afwife05

Hi Afwife05,

Can you share the crash dump with me.

The steps to get the crash dump file are:

Open the “Task Manager” when the Adobe Illustrator CC crash window is displayed.

In the Task Manager window right-click on the name/string “Adobe Illustrator CC” and select the option “Create Dump File” in the context menu

It will display a dialog which says that it will create a file “Illustrato.dmp” in your “Temp” folder. Click on OK to create this. Wait for the action to get this completed.

Once the above file gets completed you can have this file by typing “%temp%” in your “Run” window (press “window button + r” on the keyboard). On clicking the enter key the TEMP folder can be opened.

Look there for the file name “Illustrator.dmp” and share it with rbhunwal@adobe.com using dropbox.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points