Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Closed captions in an OSMF ParallelElement...  OSMFCCDecoder

Jan 14, 2014 1:46 PM

Tags: #fms #osmf #serialelement #parallelelement #proxyelement #osmfccdecoder #closed-captioning

OK, so I have built an OSMF player and the brief was to implement closed captioning. So far, so good, I went to here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/devguide/WS52621785137562 06-55daa065139e25f4596-8000.html

All worked well enough using a SerialElement to schedule content. but then the brief was to implement a new style of advertising and...

Midrolls may or may not be inserted at unknown points and, with a single file for my main content, the only logical way to implement it is to pause within a ParallelElement. That way, the advertising can overlay ads as MediaElements at appropriate points and stop / start / play / pause to its merry satisfaction.

But...

OSMFCCDecoder class breaks with ParallelElement.

It simply does nothing.

There is no way to specify a clip to listen to. No way to get it to show anything.

Therefore, I can either have closed captioning or advertising and, unsurprisingly, my customer wants both...

Is there any way to get sources for OSMFCCDecoder or, better, a more controllable version of OSMFCCDecoder?              

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points