• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

style guide for touch UI and user interactions?

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This request isn't specific to FrameMaker but I thought it would be a good place to ask.

I've been looking for a style guide to use when documenting touch devices—a guide similar to the old Microsoft guide for the Windows UI. Our group has not been consistent documenting these applications or interactions. Some touch, some tap; some stretch, some expand. Googling hasn't helped: Android, Windows, and iOS documentation and applications aren't consistent among or within themselves, either. We're writing for applications on all these platforms.

If your company has developed or found a guide and you don't mind sharing it, I'd love to see it!

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the Apple Style Guide (https://help.apple.com/asg/mac/2013/ASG_2013.pdf) or the Microsoft Manual of Style? There's also a very handy, fairly comprehensive Touch Gesture Reference Guide at: http://www.lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?1071

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, Arnis! The Touch Gesture Reference Guide is exactly the start I need to develop a guide that works for our company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines