Skip navigation
happywaffle
Currently Being Moderated

Does Dreamweaver CC have autosave?

Jan 14, 2014 7:13 PM

It's downright embarrassing that my CS5 doesn't have an auto-save. My computer just crashed and I didn't lose work in any of my two dozen apps, except for Dreamweaver, which killed over an hour of work.

It's worth $20 per month to me for that feature alone, if CC has it. But I can't find an answer either way. So?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2014 7:28 PM   in reply to happywaffle

I doubt it.  CS6 has been rebranded as CC by removing many things from it and, of course, introduced many new bugs and features in it but auto-save isn't one of the features in it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 8:27 PM   in reply to happywaffle

For Windows, AJC Active Backup offers continuous data protection for everything you've got open to the last keystroke for $29.

http://www.ajcsoft.com/active-backup.htm

Did you really do an hour's uninterrupted work in CS5 without pressing save once?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 8:35 PM   in reply to happywaffle

No argument from me. But I run AJC Active Backup as another layer of protection.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 10:50 PM   in reply to John Waller

@happywaffle :

Thanks for bringing up for  public discussion here .

Can you please write to us with your expectations on Autosave at  https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform .

This will put this item on our queue and help in tracking this issue to a logical conclusion

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 11:49 PM   in reply to vharis

Good suggestion to add Autosave to the Wishlist although, by now, Adobe's inbox must be crammed full with requests for Autosave in Dreamweaver.

It's been frequently requested over the years and it's rather odd that t's not already implemented.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2014 8:33 AM   in reply to happywaffle

I don't think that you can get this feature for free

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers