Skip navigation
jesssirene
Currently Being Moderated

Moving Bridge to a new computer

Jan 15, 2014 11:35 AM

I have a lot of keywords and i don't want to sort all my photos again. How do I keep my settings on the new PC?

Thankyou if someone kindly has an answer,

/Jessika

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 15, 2014 11:41 AM   in reply to jesssirene

Keywords are recored to the image.  If you want to keep the same hiracacy in keywords tab click dropdown menu and select export.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2014 10:48 PM   in reply to Curt Y

I have a similar problem having had to rebuild my PC using a new HDD.  I can access the bridge keywords xml file and copy / paste that to the same location in Bridge CC but it is always overwritten by the "default / new" xml file.

I cannot start my "old" HDD to do an export.  Is there any way I can "force" Bridge CC to use the xml file I have?  As part of my rebuild I went from WIndows 7 64 bit to WIndows 8.1 64 bit.

Thanks for any help.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2014 7:44 AM   in reply to Dewcal

Are you talking about the Keywords file in AppData/Roaming?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2014 7:48 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Yes, that is the file I mean.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2014 8:01 AM   in reply to Dewcal

Well then I am confused.  If you can access the old (CS6?) keywords file and you go to CC keywords file, if you copy to CC not clear why existing is not overwritten.  Have never tried this but seems logical.  If it is not overwritten make sure you have the correct permissions, otherwise the changes will not stick.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2014 8:15 AM   in reply to Curt Y

I actually had CC running on my “old” machine.  I can access the xml file on the old drive (just cannot boot it up) and copy that to the equivalent location on the new drive.  File explorer shows that it has replaced the default keyword file.  When I start Bridge, it over writes the file I have just copied.  From what I can check, file permissions on both files are identical with full control.

If I don’t open Bridge, the copied file remains in place.

I have managed to “work around” the problem by making a copy of the “old” file of keywords, opening in Dreamweaver, copying contents and pasting to an open copy of the “new” file.  Bridge now sees all my keywords. 

Still confused as to why the simple file transfer did not work!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points