Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

export range questions

Jan 15, 2014 3:45 PM

Can we combine sessions?

I see we can export range.

Does that create any kind of file I want?

What if there are more ranges than one?

My export range is greyed out.

Basically I am still trying to mark many

peices of clip for later reviewing.

The real answer wouid be to color code selections or even just code selections.

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Jan 16, 2014 2:26 AM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

Steve Zeeeee wrote:

Can we combine sessions?

I see we can export range.

Does that create any kind of file I want?

What if there are more ranges than one?

My export range is greyed out.

In Multitrack, you can't combine sessions, no.

Export will give you a choice of formats, yes.

You can only have one range at a time - nothing to stop you doing it more than once though.

If the option is greyed out, then you probably haven't selected a range...

Basically I am still trying to mark many peices of clip for later reviewing.

The real answer wouid be to color code selections or even just code selections.

Normally it would be a file you'd be making selections from, not a clip. A clip in Audition is, almost by definition, a selection made from a file, that you can use in Multitrack view.

The best way to do what you are trying to do is to work in Waveform view, and use markers. If you open your file, you can highlight sections from it, hit F8 and create marker ranges, which you can label as you like. Once you've created marker ranges you can get to the neat bit - which is to highlight a range in the marker list, right-click on it, and then you get the option to insert just this selection into a multitrack session. At that point, in the session, it becomes a clip, and it retains its label.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Jan 17, 2014 2:39 AM   in reply to Steve Zeeeee

Er yes - I forgot that Macs don't have useful things like Function keys...

Everything else you need to do is down to right-clicking on the mouse. The reason that I'm mentioning it again is because this is the clue to a lot of fast functionality all over Audition. What it comes down to is that with any given place you are in it, the chances are that if there's something you'd really like or need to do there, there will be an instant right-click option for it.

This is one of the reasons that for a long time, it wouldn't ever have been possible to run Audition sensibly on Macs - they didn't have the additional RH mouse button, so a lot of that functionality would have been much harder to get at.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points